At hi.health we are building a platform to help people with their health expenses and insurance. Our goal is to make sure people get access to the services they need in a smoother way than is currently possible.
The company is based in Vienna, Austria, and backed by an international team of venture capital firms and angels focused on medtech, fintech and insurtech. You’d join the team at an early stage and help shape this company together with a group of experienced professionals.
We offer a part or full-time position, based in Vienna, where you can grow professionally in an innovative, open and fast-paced startup environment. In more detail, you will:
• Develop, optimize and further evolve our iOS app
• Implement new features and automated tests
• Take ownership of the full development lifecycle (from design to maintenance)
• Collaborate with other engineers, product managers and designers
• Directly contribute and help shaping our engineering culture and practices
What you will bring along
• Preferably a university degree in Computer Science, a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
• 2+ years of experience in software development
• Excellent knowledge of Swift and iOS mobile application development
• Experience writing unit tests and automated testing
• Familiar with ReactiveSwift, MVVM, Moya/Alamofire, Firebase, SnapKit
• Solid understanding of HTTP/HTTPS and REST-based APIs
• Payment systems and OCR knowledge is a big plus
• Relevant experience in the healthcare or fintech industry is a big plus
• You have a positive and resilient attitude
• You are well-organized with a high level of attention to detail and quality, always aiming for efficient execution of tasks
• Fluent in English and preferably also German at a professional level; other languages are advantageous as we are working in a fully international team
• Comfortable working both independently and on a team, within a fast-paced and flexible startup environment
What you can expect
• A range of employee benefits including sports clubs and professional development budget
• Being part of building a next-generation healthcare company
• Team activities and outings (hiking, team retreats, etc.)
• Networking opportunities at international startup events
• Highly professional and international work environment with English as the working language
• Investment in your further education and learning
• Flat hierarchy, with an open communication style and feedback
• Opportunity to make a positive impact on the healthcare and insurance industry
The company was founded by Sebastian Gruber (former McKinsey&Company) and Fredrik Debong (Co-founder of mySugr, exited successfully in 2017), and is backed by a strong group of venture capitalists from across the globe. Our team of 9 (+4 freelancers) value ownership, transparency, pragmatism, hunger and mutual respect in our work, our interaction with each other, our users and how we build our products.
We have previously worked within companies such as Google, PSPDFKit, Bloom, mySugr, Runtastic, Allianz, George and McKinsey. We share a passion for healthcare and the startup scene.